Tuesday, September 2, 2008

NJ and MD

Wednesday night we went to an old town called "The Old New Castle". It was incredible. It has a ton of history and it still has old cobblestone streets!



We ate at a Tavern - Jessop's - The food was absolutely wonderful! The architecture and decorations inside were typical of the era it was built. Beams/muskets/wood floors added to the atmosphere. The food was good ole' fashioned cooking. Jeff had Shepard's pie. There was lots of fish options - including fish and chips.

Thursday night we went to Maryland for dinner at a seafood place - I learned how to take a dead crab and brake it apart to get the meat out! We ate shrimp, crab cakes, and clams!! Then the 4 of us shared a slice of cake! Good thing we didn't each order one - It was gi-normous!!!!
Imagine my delight when we took a walk after dinner and found this place. For those of you who don't know - my grandpa's name is Herb and he was a commercial fisherman and is still an avid fisherman along with my Father and Brother!Wow - I'd never seen this before - sure that my Grandpa / Dad / and Brother would get a kick out of it!

No comments: