Friday, March 27, 2009

Painting

Some of you already know about my recent painting projects. I thought I would share some photos for those who are not close enough to pop-in for some tea and dessert. If you are close enough - come on by! If it takes a little more effort to come visit...start planning :)
My first project was painting two walls in the great room. It is a soft green. It blends really well with the oatmeal walls and sometimes looks like a shadow. We have been enjoying having our wall hangings actually on the wall; instead of on the floor leaning against the wall.My second project, which I completed this week, was our bedroom. It took a while to find a blue that blended with our bed cover...Only 6 tries or so :0. I wanted a slight contrast with the bed cover and going lighter than the cover would have made the walls looked washed out. I am glad we didn't go any darker!Finished product! We are both really enjoying the new look. The color adds quite a bit of dimension! Everything is a mess here - all piled away from the walls.
Now on to decorating our upstairs guest room!!!

2 comments:

J K L M N O P said...

Very tastefully done! Looks lovely!

parose said...

Looks great! You did a good job! i really love the color you chose for your bedroom. It's the perfect blue. Your selection for the great room is lovely! We'll have to come see it in person one of these days.