Friday, November 12, 2010

November News

Wow - It is almost two months since I last posted! So much has been happening in the last two months. My belly has grown immensely, I am caught up on my reading "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" and I have finally finished reading "Birthing From Within". I think I still have 4 or 5 books to read on my night stand including my bible! We've slowly been working on Baby Spice's room. I am hoping to say it is "finished" by the time we fly out next Friday. Of course that is a lot to hope for when we just got home from a week in Florida and this weekend is birthing class.
We traveled to Florida because J had an oil response training course to attend. While there we drove to see a friend of his that will be 104 in December! She is an inspiring woman. She appears to be only 80 and her memory and hearing are impeccable! We also had the priviledge of spending time with her daughter. The weekend after J's training we headed to the Key's. J has always wanted to take me there and it appeared to be the chance of a life time. I was in awe of the homes but struck by how few beaches they have. If you are going there for beaches - well...just skip it because we have more/better ones here in TX! We then traveled back to Ft. Lauderdale for a wonderful Sunday morning/afternoon with a family Jeff met 6 years ago when he was there for training. They invited us to stay for lunch as well as another couple and their visiting parents. The parents are from Washington!!!
Next Friday we head to celebrate Turkey Day with my family. All the cousins are planning on being there except one living in Sweden. That means about 40 of us. They usually cook 2 birds, a large ham and 20 lbs of potatoes! So you can guess w/all those coming the additional items that will be there to tempt me and Baby Spice!
Today we had a 3D/4D session to see Baby Spice. She is quite adorable and we can't wait to hold her!

No comments: