Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I am finding I am not so quick about posts and by the time I do post I have more photos than words :) Maybe that saying is true: "A picture is worth a thousand words".
The first several photos are from neighborhoods along our bunny trail. It is great to choose a different way home and see new territory.

This is a lake with a fountain. - You can see kayakers. Part of this lake is made into a swimming pool for the residence!
Below: This is our neighborhood pool. We have been enjoying it almost everyday! Jeff has had a cold - so he sat in the shade with a book Sunday evening, while I swam laps.
We had two storms last week. Wednesday night just as we got home from study - it started to rain. We were soaked by the time we got from the car to the house - maybe 10 or so steps! By the time we set our books down in the kitchen the lights went out. There was lots of lightning, thunder and hail! On Thursday we had another storm. Jeff wasn't home and it was kind of scary!!! I took a video but it is to large to post - and I am not sure how to shrink it :) Here are some photos of the damage.



I previously posted photos of Jeff insulating the garage doors. Here is the finished product - we've noticed a change for the better.
I have been telling you about the crape myrtles (at least this is what I think they are!) in bloom... here are a few photos!
Below: Can you see the white ones to the right of the pink? We've been enjoying growing a few things ourselves. Here is the progress:
Hibiscus Plumeria we brought home from Hawaii
Tomato plant branch that broke off our other bush!
Strawberry plants
Vinca and some other flowers I don't know the name of but enjoy their color :)
It may be humid and warm here but it holds many surprises!




No comments: